Metaphysical Marriage  

7.18.2009

A new online magazine has just started up, called Filthy Gorgeous Things. It's a grown-up look at sex, intimacy, monogamy (or the lack thereof), and the things that turn us on. I LOVE it. Unfortunately the free trial has ended and I can't afford the subscription right now... but let me tell you that if this were a true, printed magazine it would be on my coffee table. I'll get back to intimacy another time (probably many more times), but today I want to discuss one article in particular: How to Make Love Stay.

One notion in the article has fascinated me since I read it: give your relationship a name. I had never thought of such a thing before! The plan is that you give your relationship a name, anthropomorphize it, force yourself to realize that it lives and grows, dependent entirely upon you. I am going to try to convince Mr. B to do this with me, and if I do, I'll devote a day per week to this blog for the care of my newly-named matrimonial creature.

The article suggests not only a name, but a set of communication. If you can't find the words to discuss a sticky subject with your spouse, you can write your marraige a letter. You can also send it an email, detailing the things you love about it and what it brings to your life. You can also set aside some time to spend with your marriage, nothing but your marriage. In the end, I suppose the name is just a symbol for your promise to work on love together with your spouse.

I definitely think it's an experiment worth trying.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Email this post

0 comments: to “ Metaphysical Marriage

 
Design by Blogger Buster